We never could have imagined the altered way of life that we are currently living in order to remain safe as a result of Covid-19. As things are slowly opening up, so is Dynamic Fitness, but know that we are remaining ever-vigilant as the scientific community finds new information. We will adapt as needed to remain a safe and healthy location for everyone.
We are well aware of and respect all of your feelings and comfort levels, so we do not expect that everyone will be ready to return yet. For those of you who do want to resume, we have decided to start offering private lessons to those who feel ready to return. The question that is certainly on your minds is “What exactly are you doing to keep us safe?” While we are keeping tabs on the ever-evolving CDC guidelines, the following is some of what you can expect at Dynamic Fitness.
General CDC Guidelines for Reopening Public Spaces
We have all had to make significant changes, both in behavior and business, in order to reduce the spread of Covid-19. Not only will we be routinely cleaning all Pilates equipment as usual, but we will also implement a more thorough cleaning process of the entire studio and continue to practice common sense behaviors. Added to our list of disinfecting will be:
- tables, desks and countertops
- doorknobs, handles, and rails
- light switches
- phones, keyboards/computers
- toilets, faucets, and sinks
And we will continue to practice the following:
- social distancing as much as possible
- frequently washing hands or using alcohol-based (at least 60% alcohol) hand sanitizer
- wearing cloth face coverings
- avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth
- staying home when sick
Dynamic Fitness Safety Protocols
The specific protocols for students to ensure our safety will be as follows, but note that we will pivot as new information is revealed, so please consult you regular instructor for any changes:
- We ask that you wear a mask in the studio upon arrival and during clean up after you work out. If you are more comfortable working out without one on, that will be fine. Your instructor will wear a mask.
- We require that you wear socks… no bare feet.
- We require all of our clients to wash their hands thoroughly upon arrival for 20 seconds… sing the “Happy Birthday” song twice. 😊
- We ask all of you to bring your own hand towel to use if you perspire or to place under your head.
- Lessons will be 50 minutes long, and the final 10 minutes will be for cleaning to help make the transition for the next client. Please note that we will be using a professional virucide/sanitizer with disposable paper towels after each lesson.
- The entrance door will be locked during your lesson so people cannot just walk in from the street… Please note we have a back-door fire exit if a safe emergency exit should need to be made.
- For now we will only be one instructor with one client per session in the studio.
- You can make the arrangements with your regular instructor by text or cell calls… not through phone messages at the studio or the website contact form.
We want to make a safe transition back for everyone’s comfort level, so we ask that all students please adhere to the new protocols. By practicing safely, we all can plan to start having fun Pilates times again! Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions!